Thursday, November 09, 2006

Attention Music Freaks!

Hey Music Freaks! This is Carrie. I don't know about all of you, but for me, music is really the soundtrack of my life. Here are three bands/artists that I can't stop listening to. Take a listen; let me know what you thought! Also, if you have some music picks that you want to have me listen to, let me know!!! Post the image of the band that you are listening to in the comments, and the bands name, with the url of how we can listen to them!

A lot of you have never heard of her, and if you have she's totally rocking your world too. You've probably heard her music in soundtracks to movies, but never realized who she was. Well now you know. The name of the band is "Plumb". The lead singer is Tiffany Arbuckle Lee. You can find her online at www.plumbinfo.com, or on myspace at www.myspace.com/plumb. Plumbs latest album, Chaotic Resolve can be found at stores nation wide. I'm tellin’ you folks. Her lyrics are thought provoking and raw; her music is articulate and versatile. Her sound varies from an "Evanescence" feel to pop feel including techno/club.



My next music pick is "Regina Spektor". Regina's latest album is "Begin to Hope". This lady has a really cool and eclectic sound. Her sound kind of reminds me of a Pop meets Symphony meets Broadway. How on earth does someone pull that off to where people actually WANT to hear it? Check her out, and you'll know why I can't stop listening to this genius. You can find Regina Specktor in stores nation wide, as well as on the internet at www.reginaspektor.com and www.myspace.com/reginaspektor.


My final pick of the day is "Shiny Toy Guns". This is the kind of music I'll put on my iPod when I want to listen to a hot revamp of the 80's. Seriously, these guys are simplistic genius! I swear, after one hour of listening to this band and you'll not only be rocking out to them, but you'll also be trying to hook yourself up with all of the latest glam looks! Don't forget to take pictures of those Shiny Toy Guns inspired looks, and post them on myspace! Tell you what. Person with the best Shiny Toy Guns look gets a free digital painting by yours truly!!! Ok, so first you have either pick up a copy of their latest album "We Are Pilots" at any music store, or listen to them on their website: www.shinytoyguns.com or www.myspace.com/shinytoyguns.

Remember! Go listen, get glammed out, take your pictures and post them in my comment section on Skorch Magazine’s myspace account. www.myspace.com/skorchmagazine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home